Dental Implants Make Your Life Better
Dental implants can change your life. From a single lost tooth to an entire set of lost teeth, dental implants help in restoring one’s appearance, speech, oral health, comfort in chewing food and self-esteem.
What Advantages Do Dental Implants Have?
Dental implants have numerous advantages like:
- They are the strong, durable and safe way of replacing your missing teeth since they feel and function like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants help the neighboring teeth stay protected and healthy.
- Dental implants last for a long time. They need to be taken care just like your natural teeth by regular checkups with your dentist.
- Dental implant helps you to lead a normal life without any fuss. Enjoy life to the full extent, whether you are with friends or in a social gathering. No need to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable in public.
- One can enjoy their favorite food without any restriction or hesitation.
- The dental implant also helps to maintain the bone and tissue contours. It helps to maintain your facial support and prevent you from looking old.
Who can undergo dental implant?
- If you have lost your tooth due to dental decay or gum disease.
- If you are wearing a denture for many years and looking for an ideal replacement.
- If your tooth is fractured that cannot be restored and want an immediate tooth replacement.
- However, there are certain restrictions to undergo a dental implant surgery like:
- Heavy smokers
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Patients having cardiac problems and those who have undergone cardiac surgery.
- Patients undergoing radiation therapy for cancer.
- Female patients who are in the final stage of pregnancy.
Surgical Procedure for Dental Implants
After taking required X-rays, you will be given antibiotics by your dentist prior to surgery. The implant is placed using a surgical guide. After osseointegration, the implant is exposed to an oral environment by a minor surgery. Tissues take about 2-3 weeks to heal. Further impression posts are placed and an impression is taken. A custom abutment and final crown are fabricated and delivered.
If you have any queries related to implant dentists, feel free to consult our emergency dentist in Honolulu.