What Are Invisalign Clear Aligners?
Invisalign clear aligners are orthodontic appliances made from patented SmartTrack® material. These aligner trays gently apply continuous pressure to your teeth over time, gradually straightening your smile without the need for metal brackets and wires. By wearing each set of aligner trays for at least 22 hours a day, you can achieve stunning results in half the time it would take with traditional metal braces.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Removability: Invisalign clear aligners are easily removable without professional help, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods and maintain proper oral hygiene. If you participate in sports or play musical instruments, Invisalign aligners can also be removed during such activities.
- Gradual Shift: The gradual movement of teeth with Invisalign aligners provides a more comfortable transition compared to the occasional adjustments and tightening needed with traditional braces.
- Efficiency: Invisalign can correct various orthodontic conditions, often achieving results in a shorter time than traditional braces.
- Effectiveness: Invisalign can address crossbites, crowding, rotation, post-orthodontic treatment relapse, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Discretion: Invisalign clear aligners are nearly invisible, making your orthodontic treatment discreet.
- Comfort: The custom-fit SmartTrack® material ensures a comfortable experience without the irritation associated with metal braces.
- Safe for Teeth and Gums: Invisalign aligners are made from smooth, BPA-free plastic, reducing the risk of potential damage to your teeth and gums compared to traditional braces with sharp brackets and wires.
- Fewer Appointments: Invisalign orthodontic treatment requires fewer appointments with your Invisalign dentist, saving you time and money.
- Minimal Interference: Invisalign aligners cause minimal interference with your daily life, speech, and appearance. Most people won’t even notice you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Digital Treatment Preview: Before beginning your Invisalign journey, you can visualize the anticipated results of your treatment using digital software. This digital treatment preview allows you to see how your smile will progressively improve throughout the process.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Before you’re approved for Invisalign orthodontics, you’ll have an initial consultation with Dr. Nishime. During your consultation, Dr. Nishime will examine your mouth, review your medical history, discuss your smile goals, and determine if Invisalign is the right choice for you.
Designing Your Aligner Trays
To develop a precise treatment plan, Dr. Nishime will take physical impressions of your teeth or use a digital scanning device to create 3-D images of your mouth. These images will serve as blueprints for your custom Invisalign trays.
Receiving and Wearing Your Aligners
Once your personalized Invisalign clear aligners are ready, Dr. Nishime will ensure they fit correctly over your teeth. You’ll receive a series of aligner trays to wear for one to two weeks each, wearing them for a minimum of 22 hours a day. The aligners will gently guide your teeth into their ideal alignment over the course of treatment.
Regular follow-up visits with Dr. Nishime will help ensure your treatment stays on track and progresses as planned. If necessary, Dr. Nishme will adjust your plan and order new aligners to maintain your smile’s progress.
Caring for Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Proper care of your Invisalign trays is essential for the success of your treatment. Follow these care instructions to ensure your treatment stays on track:
- Remove Before Eating and Drinking: Take out your aligners before eating, drinking beverages other than water, and cleaning your teeth.
- Clean Your Aligners Daily: Use lukewarm water and a soft-bristled toothbrush with a gentle antibacterial soap or toothpaste to clean your trays.
- Store Properly: Store your aligners in their protective case when not in use.
- Soak Daily: Soak your aligners at least once a day in a mix of three parts lukewarm water and one part white vinegar or use Invisalign cleaning crystals.
- Rinse Before Use: Rinse your aligners thoroughly before putting them back in your mouth.
- Remove Carefully: Take out your aligners from the back to the front to avoid tearing them.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s necessary to remove your aligners before eating or drinking anything other than water. Leaving them on while eating or drinking can damage and stain the trays and lead to oral health issues.
While Invisalign is an excellent option for most adults and teenagers, it may not be suitable for children whose teeth are still developing. Children with developing smiles may be able to take advantage of an option called Invisalign First. Your Invisalign dentist will assess your child’s specific case to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for them.
If you lose an aligner tray, don’t simply move on to the next aligner tray or stop your treatment. Instead, contact your dental office as soon as possible, and your Invisalign dentist will advise you on the best course of action. They might have you move on to the next set of Invisalign clear aligners or order new trays for you.
The duration of the Invisalign treatment varies depending on individual cases. On average, the treatment takes about 12 to 18 months, but some cases may require shorter or longer treatment periods. Your Invisalign dentist will provide a personalized treatment plan during your consultation.
Got Invisalign Questions? Contact Dr. Nishime & Team for Answers!
Your smile is one of your best assets, and you deserve orthodontic treatment that allows you to show it off confidently. If you need orthodontic correction, don’t settle for uncomfortable, distracting metal braces. Experience the benefits of a straight smile in half the time with a comfortable and easy Invisalign treatment. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Nishime, the best Invisalign dentist in Honolulu, HI, by dialing (808) 732-0291 or clicking the button below. Advanced Restorative Dentistry serves patients in Honolulu and surrounding areas such as Kailua, O‘ahu, and Kapolei, HI.